Term Full-Time Festival Coordinator Summer Student
Centretown Movies Centretown Movies Outdoor Film Festival (CMOFF) is a community film screening that takes place every July and August in Dundonald Park, in Ottawa.
This job involves coordinating all activities related to the screening of the movies, including:
1. Ensuring there is a DVD for Saturday night screenings
2. Purchasing required equipment/parts needed for repairs (e.g. cables, batteries, etc.)
3. Promoting volunteer positions, recruiting volunteers and coordinating with volunteers to make sure
they attend and know what to do at screenings
4. Supervising and being present at all screening nights, which includes
a. Ensuring that all equipment is set up and taken down properly
b. Keeping a copy of the park permit on hand
c. Taking appropriate action if people are disruptive in the park
d. Ensuring there is no trash left in the park by movie-goers
5. Recording festival statistics including:
a. How many people attend each screening
b. Amount of donations collected at each screening
c. Preparing a festival report at the end (find examples from previous years on GoogleDocs)
6. Collecting donations, counting, and recording amount after each screening.
7. Promoting the festival through the Internet, social media and print media
8. Coordinating with the Community Organizations that host movies on Friday nights
The Centretown Movies Festival Coordinator receives on-going support and training through the Centretown Movies Steering committee, a committed group of volunteers.
Skills & Abilities:
Oral and written communication skills
Experience working with volunteers and as part of a team
Ability to leverage technology and social media
Ability to troubleshoot basic audio visual equipment
Interest and knowledge of film
Interest and knowledge of community work is an asset
Experience with web design, website maintenance an asset (WordPress)
Ability to stay calm under pressure
- The Centretown Movies Festival Coordinator must have been a full time college/university student in the past semester and be returning to school full-time in September.
- The Centretown Movies Festival Coordinator must have access to the Internet.
Language designation: English, written and spoken; French spoken
Term: July 16, 2015 to August 31, 2015
Hourly Rate: $11.00/hour
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before July 7, 2015 by 11:59pm to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Festival Coordinator – Summer Student – CM”
- The file name for your resume should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Resume”
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter”
CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. Candidates with a disability requiring accommodations during the interview process should advise Human Resources so arrangements can be made.